Limited Warranty Notice
This warranty will be provided by Nukor Sawmilling (Pty) Ltd (“NUKOR“) or a local affiliate appointed by NUKOR. NUKOR provides the warranty set out in this document, in respect of NUKOR branded products (“Product(s)“) purchased within the Republic of South Africa, to the consumer (the “Warranty“).
The Warranty is voluntarily offered by NUKOR and is separate and in addition to the legal rights of consumers under applicable South African laws governing the sale of consumer goods and to any rights of the consumer against the original retail seller of the Product and, therefore, does not affect, change, or replace such rights.
Products covered by this Warranty
- NUKOR warrants that the Products are free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and in accordance with the respective Product user manual, during the Warranty Period (defined below).
- The warranty is valid for the following periods –
2.1. six (6) months for certain moisture meters, from the date of original purchase of the Product (the “Warranty Period“).; and
2.1. twelve (12) months ON SINGLE SHIFT for certain pelletiser machines and certain shavings machines from the date of original purchase of the Product (the “Warranty Period“).; and
2.2. twenty-four (24) months ON SINGLE SHIFT for mobile circular sawmill machines from the date of original purchase of the Product (the “Warranty Period“).; and
2.2. thirty-six (36) months ON SINGLE SHIFT for certain mobile chippers and mobile bandsaws from the date of original purchase of the Product (the “Warranty Period“).; and
NUKOR’S obligation in event of a Warranty claim
- During the Warranty Period, NUKOR or an authorised service centre (“Service Centre/s“), a list of authorised service centre is available from firstname.lastname@example.org, will repair or replace, at NUKOR’s discretion, the Product, or any relevant parts thereof in the event of any defect in the materials and workmanship.
- The repaired Product (or part) or the Product (or part) provided as a replacement for a defective Product (or part), shall be free from defect in materials and workmanship. Repair or replacement of a Product or part may involve the use of a functionally equivalent reconditioned unit.
- The consumer shall not be charged (whether for parts, labour or otherwise) for the repair or replacement of a defective Product during the Warranty Period. All replaced defective Product, parts or equipment shall become the property of NUKOR after the defective Product has been replaced or repaired.
- The Warranty in respect of a repaired or replaced Product or part shall continue for the remainder of the Warranty Period of the Product, which was repaired or replaced or, for three (3) months from the date of repair, whichever is longer.
- The consumer will be required to provide the original invoice and proof of payment or other documentation, or information requested or required by applicable legislation in respect of the date and place of purchase. In the event that such information is not presented or if it is incomplete or illegible, NUKOR reserves the right to refuse providing the above service in respect of any Warranty claim.
Product and items not covered by the Warranty
- This Warranty does not cover defects and damage resulting from the following:
1.1. Normal wear and tear of the equipment or otherwise due to the normal aging of the equipment.
1.2. The Product being used other than in a normal and customary manner.
1.3. Any disassembly, repair, alteration, or modifications carried out by anyone other than NUKOR or an Authorised Service Centre.
1.4. Misuse, abuse, negligence, or an accident howsoever caused.
1.5. Improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, or any alteration or modification of the Product.
1.6. Corrosion, rust, or the use of wrong voltage.
1.7. Scratches or damage to surfaces and all other externally exposed parts due to normal use.
1.8. Use outside of use permitted under the Product’s user manual.
1.9. In the case of machinery, the use of any and all parts not supplied by NUKOR
1.10. The cost related to deliver the Product back to NUKOR or Authorised Service Centre
- This Warranty will not be available in the following instances:
2.1. if the serial number or warranty seal on the Product is illegible, has been defaced or removed; or,
2.2. without any proof of purchase provided by the consumer to NUKOR.
- The Warranty applies to the Product as originally supplied. The Warranty does not apply to any software or other equipment owned by NUKOR or third parties however, you should check the end-user license agreement, separate warranty/ guarantee statement(s) and/or any exclusions which are provided or intended to apply to such items.
- Laws and regulations relating to the protection of consumer rights and interests in The Republic of South Africa.
4.1. The following are laws and regulations related to the protection of consumer rights and interests in the republic of South Africa and its link related to Nukor products and services mentioned above.
4.1.1 Consumer Protection Law of the Republic of South Africa.
Customers responsibilities in event of a Warranty claim
Before DELIVERING the Product to NUKOR or an Authorised Service Centre for service under this Warranty, the customer should take photographs of the condition of the Product, customers should also take photographs of the packed Product before dispatching the Product back to NUKOR or an Authorised Service Centre. The transportation, insurance and delivery costs will be for the customer’s account.
Limitation of NUKOR’s liability
- Except for the express warranties set forth above, NUKOR grants no other warranties, express or implied, by statute or otherwise, regarding the Product, fitness for any purpose or otherwise. Consumer law in some countries does not permit limitations under a Product warranty and therefore certain limitations set out in this warranty document may not apply to you.
- To the extent permitted by local laws, NUKOR shall not be liable for any loss which is not a reasonably foreseeable consequence of a breach by NUKOR of this Warranty. NUKOR shall not be liable to you for any loss of profits, revenue, anticipated savings contracts or time arising out of your use of or inability to use the Product.
- In any event, NUKOR and its supplier’s liability under this limited warranty shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the consumer for the Product or the current replacement value, whichever is greater.
- Nothing in this warranty shall exclude or limit NUKOR’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
- If you experience any difficulty, please contact NUKOR +27 11 610-2000 or refer to services on the NUKOR website.
- This Warranty shall be updated by NUKOR from time to time. Please refer to the NUKOR website to obtain the latest version of the Warranty for the Product.